Saturday, October 08, 2005

licking the wounds ...

well, not really ... as long as I've been following the Boys of Beantown, it wasn't all that hard to see this was not going to run the table again. And truth be told, the CHISox are really the class act up and down the lineup this year. If they take longer than 5 with either NYY or LAA (and my money if I had any to spare would be on Halos cleaning up tomorrow night and moving along, but either way, a team comes in having had to play out the string and then go to Chicago ... either with no rest or one day off at most), I'll be stunned. And then the Cardinals will have handled the Astros again, and the two juggernaut Middle American teams of 2005 (and for a while beyond?) will square off, and right now that's a tossup to me! Probably Cards, simply because they have been there before, and will be ready for the challenge ... but don't count the White Sox out ...

Meanwhile, I've still got my tapes from last year ... and Netflix can do without "Fever Pitch" for at least one more viewing :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home