Saturday, June 17, 2006

I figured it out ...

(Pajama Game reference intentional)

I've been wondering ever since I started this "blog" why I so rarely get back here to post something. ... Then it struck me, like the hot fist at the end of ...

I am already blogging elsewhere, every day:

Over at MEDICAL FREEDOM CHANNEL, where I post links and blurbs to the most interesting current news stories and commentaries, concerning the actual development or consideration of free market alternatives to meeting the challenges of health and wellness. I also write a weekly editorial on some aspect of the subject.

Every time I post for RATIONAL REVIEW NEWS DIGEST, I am entering blurbs and links to liberty-oriented news/comment that I think might interest that audience, with special focus on things appropriate to a so-called "progressive" audience, so I have plenty of choices in making up the weekly PROGRESSIVE NEWS DIGEST e-letter I send out each Sunday evening, and post at the Yahoo-Groups list and other venues.

Then there is my work with FREE MARKET NEWS NETWORK, which ranges from each day finding and rewriting (as short summary-blurbs) a half-dozen or so news stories aimed at that market, to proofing the whole News section for typos and consistency, to scripting and delivering a commentary on the WEEKLY WORLD REPORT, the streaming video presentation that sort of sums up and comments on the previous week's stories.

Finally, there is my songwriting, some of which is posted on my own website along with a section on Kathy's Night Off, the monthly songwriter night I organize, book, promote, referee and do pretty much everything else except HOST, and have done so (sometimes including the hosting) for the past six years now.

And on the weekends, like now, I am usually out socializing or preparing to do so (I have a friends' wedding to attend later today, for example) ... or watching a ballgame (Sox/Bravos in an hour!) ... or working on the next editorial ... or cleaning up my hard drive ... or promoting MFC to the potential local market ... or doing something else that is both productive, constructive (well, not always) and above all enjoyable to ME!

Bottom line, if this space doesn't update a lot, it's probably because I am too busy keeping those other ventures alive ... or posting on one of about ten Yahoo Group sites ... or chatting with friends (both virtual and meatspace) ... or doing things at/with my church community ...

Or just living liberty in my own ways, and on my own terms.

I will not apologize anymore ...

- Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home